Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Access

After watching the "MY Access" video, I thought it was great to see that the students enjoyed the process of writing on the computer. It seemed that most of them felt that if they had to choose to write free hand or on the computer, they would choose to type. Kids just really enjoy using computers so I feel that they are in a comfort zone, which makes the aspect of writing for an assignment, not a big deal. The program is something I think would work great with some of my students. I don't use computures too often, but being able to bring my class to the library, give them a writing assignment and have them complete it in class on a computer would definitely benefit them. They won't have to worry about doing it for homework and they will be able to get feelback immediately to see what needs to be worked on.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I also enjoyed the "My Access" video very much. Using computers for writing does motivate students. I think this is a great way to get students involved in the writing process. There are many benefits to this program for the student, as well as, the teacher. I use to use computers a lot in class, when I had a classroom. I go from room to room now. It makes it much more difficult. The classroom teachers computers and printers are unreliable. I don't think the students are working on computers. What a shame. Things need to change. Getting all computers up and running, and networking the printers would be a great way to start. I think "My Access" is a super program. That would really get the children engaged and motivated. Thanks for sharing.