Thursday, February 19, 2009

adventure education online

While in college I learned a lot about the benefits of implementing adventure education into school curriculums. I've been trying to get some of my PE classes involved with a few basic activities during class. They haven't taken to it well and I was thinking about giving them an assignment that will have them go onto www.pa.org and www.adventure-education.comand then write down their thoughts and opinions. Hopefully the students reading through these sites on their own, they will open up to taking part in the various activities in class.

6 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Great idea!

Let us know how it goes.

Maybe they could blog about it ;)!!

Taran said...

I'm surprised that they didn't like it. What didn't they like about it? I would think that "something different" would get them motivated. Maybe asking them what they didn't like about it and how they would change it/improve it would help get them more interested.

Cotton said...

A few years ago I also began doing adventure activities with my physical education classes. At the time they were freshman students and they really enjoyed the activities. The students had never experienced the those type of trust, communication and team building activities. Now I have the same group of students and they are now seniors and they want absolutly nothing to do with the activities. As a result I am trying to plan a trip where they can get the real experience of adventure activities.

Mike's Blog said...

I think it would be a great addition to our P.E. program. However I think it should be implemented in the middle school and maybe with the freshman at first. Also if we make a move into an elective system like what has been discussed, this would be a great option for our students to choose. I'm on board for it!

assignments web said...

Nice and informative Blog regarding Essay Writing help this is really helpful for people who interested in Online Education. Thanks and Keep Continue to share useful information with us.

Unknown said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.Best advertising Agency in the world | top advertising agencies in pakistan | Marketing Agency